Whitmore Park Community Garage Sale Day – June 12, 2021
Click here for a map of participating addresses. Click here for a printable list of participating addresses. (last update: June 11th)
The Community Garage Sale Day is a go for 2021! Mark your calendars for June 12th, 2021.
To participate all you need to do is agree to hold your sale on June 12, 2021 and register your address with us by emailing email@example.com. The sale day will be advertised city-wide.
By registering your address with us you agree to the publishing of your address on the WPCA website.
Please take precautions, such as having disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer available, wear a mask and stay distanced.
Covid disclaimer: If public health guidelines change to prohibit garage sales, this will be cancelled.
Below are the provincial government guidelines for yard & garage sales, which can be found here.
- Gathering limits cannot exceed what is allowable in the current public health order.
- Where possible, online garage sales are recommended at this time.
- People from different households must maintain two metres of physical distancing at all times.
2. Information for Sellers
- Do not host an event if you are feeling sick/unwell.
- Sales must be held outdoors (e.g. driveway or yard).
- Currently, no sales are to be conducted inside the garage. Garages, sheds and quonsets are considered to be outbuildings and are restricted to the same indoor occupancy limit as private dwellings. (see: public health order). Tables may be set up at the front of the garage door opening; however, customers must remain outside the building.
- Wash hands often and consider providing Health Canada approved (DIN or NPN) hand sanitizer for all attendees.
- Glove use is not required. If sellers are using gloves, they should be changed after every interaction and when changing tasks after coming into contact with commonly touched areas/surfaces. Hand hygiene must be performed between every glove change (hand sanitizer or handwashing with soap and water).
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- Sales are to be hosted by a single family. Group events are not permitted at this time.
- Do not provide food and beverages – complimentary or for sale.
- Clean and disinfect tables and sale items prior to the sale. Tables and other frequently touched items, including sale merchandise, should be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Clothing or other fabric items should be laundered prior to sale.
- Minimize physical contact with attendees.
- If providing bags for purchases, ensure they are clean.
- For cash transactions, ensure hands are washed or sanitized after handling money. Accept cashless payment if possible.
- Where the seller agrees with the buyer to have an item picked up (i.e. larger items needing a larger vehicle for transport) outside the hours of the garage sale, the same precautions are to be taken at the time of the pickup.
- Signs that promote two-metre physical distancing between attendees should be posted.
3. Information for Buyers
- Do not visit garage or yard sales if you are feeling unwell.
- When picking up items purchased electronically, maintain distance, practise hand hygiene, and do not pick up or offer items if you or anyone in your household is sick or has COVID-19 symptoms.
- Bring Health Canada approved (DIN or NPN) hand sanitizer and practise frequent hand hygiene.
- People should visit sales individually wherever possible. Always maintain a physical distance of two metres between yourself and other non-household members.
- Avoid handling items and objects for sale unless necessary.
- Clean and disinfect purchased items where possible. Launder clothing and fabric items.